Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Out and about.

When Twila was here in NY she was out exploring several days a week. My own explorations have been somewhat less frequent. If you leave out looking for latte shops, today was the first. I wanted to get my car some highway miles, I had to leave XM radio on for 15 consecutive minutes so it would start working, and I needed something to blog about. So I tacked a map on the wall, closed my eyes, and threw a knife at the map. Ten minutes later I was on my way to Armonk, New York.

One nice part of the trip was that I was in Connecticut awhile. It's always fun to pop into another state, even a U.S. state. There weren't any signs to let me know I was in Connecticut, but I could feel it. I felt... well, insured.

A short while later I was in Armonk. I'd hoped for a sleepy, picturesque village, but Armonk did not fit that bill. I did not, actually, see anything at all to recommend it. There was quite a bit of traffic, including some guy who leaned on his horn behind me even though there were three cars stopped in front of me and no place to go. No place to go also sums up Armonk, IMO, but all those cars must have been going someplace. Maybe they were just trying to get out of town.

My XM radio didn't start working, either. Now I have to find another reason to drive for 15 minutes. I wonder how long it takes to get to Costco.

1 comment:

cad said...

Based on your previous entries, the time to Costco depends on how many items you have to return, and how many of them you remember on each round-trip. I'm pretty sure it doesn't depend on how many of those items were bought at Amazon.com, but I could be wrong about that.

This is another test to see if we're paying attention, isn't it? Just like the gorilla videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGQmdoK_ZfY