Monday, February 14, 2011

A typical misadventure.

When Twila was still here, she was out and about a lot, which made for good blogging. I don't go out much, but I did today, so I'll tell you about it.

A few weeks ago I ordered updated voice recognition software online. The package included a bluetooth headset. When the software arrived, the voice recognition part worked fairly well, but the headset did not work as it was supposed to. Apparently the bluetooth on my iMac - which I have to leave on because of a bluetooth thingy - interfered with the bluetooth adapter that Plantronics said would improve recognition. I didn't like the headset much, anyway, so I ordered a powered, wired headset. The second headset arrived and worked great, so I decided to return the software/headset package to Costco and repurchase the software alone, saving about $100.

I may have dawdled, but I resolved that today I would return the package to our local Costco, which is about 35 minutes from here. I repackaged everything, printed out the receipt, got things together, and headed out. I was on a freeway and well underway when I realized that I'd forgotten the software. ACK! So back to the apartment I went.

The software and headset were sitting near the door, so I grabbed them and started back to Costco. It was a somewhat frustrating trip due to stalled trucks, but finally I arrived. I stood in line, then placed the package and receipt on the counter. The clerk looked at the receipt and frowned. I was thinking, "Okay, I bought it online and I'm returning it here. What's the big deal?"

She was still staring at the receipt, so I looked to see what the problem possibly could be. Oops. The receipt said, Amazon.com. I grinned, picked up my things, and left.

I really shouldn't be allowed out without supervision.

3 comments:

cad said...

I'm guessing that Twila wrote this one. It sounds more like something a girl would do than a guy.

Anonymous said...

I'm not touching that one. :p

twila said...

Carl!!!

Trish???