Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Conundrums.

I quit Facebook because it's too narcissistic. I don't really care if someone I vaguely know is scratching his butt, although he's obviously glad to tell the world about it. Some of the people there feel loved because they have hundreds of friends they don't even know, but whatever floats your boat, I guess. I don't do narcissistic, but then I realized that I'm doing this blog.

The blog was originally supposed to be about New York City and NuSTAR, but it's morphed into more of a butt scratching announcement, at least for me. Twila has a lot of adventures, but mine are mostly limited to the routine at the lab. Until FM1 gets to its outer mandrel, I might not have much to report. On the other hand, Twila says that people won't keep reading a blog if we don't post every day, so that's a conundrum.

Our Annual Christmas Newsletter is another. Usually we've written it and are discussing the mailing list by now. This year we haven't started. Twila thinks we should skip it because of the extenuating circumstances, but I'm worried about how a missing TwiDurf newsletter would affect some people. I wouldn't want anyone keeling over because of us, so that's a conundrum, too.

6 comments:

Ed said...

If you don't send out your famous Christmas Letter I'll just have to sit here and continue scratching my butt.

Unknown said...

It's one of the best parts of Christmas!

Arthur K. said...

So serious, Durf.

Here's another Conundrum worth chewing over: Caymus Vineyards Conundrum.

Don't fail to send your Christmas letter. My kids, Shifra & Justin think your letter is the best! We will be very disappointed. Don't be a scrooge...

cad said...

I'm a low pressure kind of guy, so I say you should relax (be merry!) and refer people to some of the ones you wrote in the parallel universes/alternate timelines.

Besides, after going a year without, your fans will send large PayPal donations to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Wait, maybe they'll do it now! Where's the PayPal button?

skipway said...

no pressure from me but I always find the letter amusing.

the dailyness of the blog has no bearing on my reading it, but that's a factor of my situation.

FB is what you make it, although there is a lot of narcissism on it.

questions: any point to signing in? you still have to enter your info to comment. is the time of the post your time or my time? Twila, did you post your tree comment at 4:24 am (as it says on my display) or 7:24 am?

adiossssssssss.

Jan said...

What do you mean limited to the routine of the lab? We're all sitting on the edge of our seats waiting to see if you got the Outback and what you got for the Prius! And what color???