Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The state of things.

Now I remember why I decided to do an Ignorance Series - so I'd have something to blog. Apparently even a boring post is better than no post at all. Well, here is the state of a couple of things.

State of the job
FM1 is rolling along with its dodecants and 120 spacers. It's on Layer 79 on the road to Layer 133. FM2 is more than halfway through the intermediate mandrel, which is the switch from sextants to dodecants. It (the mandrel) is also a lot of stress for everyone, because it's critical and maybe a little bit flaky. By the end of the week both modules will be in dodecants.

Starting this morning I'm getting up at 3:20 AM. For quite a long period in my life that's the time I went to bed. I guess it went around and then it came around. Whatever. I don't mind getting up early, but it really cuts into our night life. We were thinking of going to the Syracuse (ranked 7th nationally) -Michigan State (ranked 2nd) basketball game at Madison Square Garden next Tuesday, but the 9 PM start was a huge dissuader.

Even though this area is highly populated, there isn't much traffic in Tarrytown in the wee hours. Today, on my earliest commute ever, the only two cars in miles arrived at the same intersection at almost the same time, and a light that stays green turned red for me with perfect timing. "It figures," I thought. Then both of my annoying "we're going to change no matter what" lights were green for me for the second day in a row, the first time that's happened. It's because I bought an illegal thing that's supposed to change the lights, and I wanted to try it. I suppose I'll have to change them to red.

State of something else
Since this post is already long, I decided to save this part for when I need it more.

2 comments:

cad said...

Missing verb alert!

cad said...

Cancel the alert. It must have been in some alternate universe or time stream.