Saturday, December 18, 2010

Down the Rabbit Hole

I have an excellent sense of direction. Really, I do. However, every now and then, cosmic forces jam the antennae. You know what I mean -- don't try to tell me you don't.

Yesterday we went to Central Park to explore the southern landmarks. It was to be like a treasure hunt. Little did I know.

Everything started out ok. We got off the subway and turned in the correct direction. A key to getting where you're going in NYC. Next we had no trouble locating the holiday shops where Durf intended to purchase a hat, having left his at home. (Huh?) In the end it was a good thing, though, because he got a great hat:


But then the trouble began. We headed north in search of Alice in Wonderland and before long we could see in the distance those damn shops from which we had purchased Durf's hat. I told Durf the shops were supposed to be in the south of the park, but maybe I was wrong, maybe they were in the middle.

HAHAHAHAHA, he responded, and then gently suggested he take over navigation, since his antennae were not jammed. Maybe not today, I thought meanly. But sure enough, before long, we found Alice:


And with barely a stutter step, we found our way to our next destination: Belvedere Castle, the cool (in both respects) weather station in the park:


After thoroughly exploring the castle, we realized we were hungry and had to pee. That's when the trouble started again. Stay tuned.


1 comment:

T&T's Excellent Adventures said...

Hey!!! I bought a hat just like that