Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dali & the Cows

In Denver, public art means cow sculptures. In San Francisco, it means heart sculptures. In NYC, it means Dali sculptures. How cool is that???

I used to think Dali was way too weird for me, but Tanya recently told me that one of the paintings she likes most at the de Young is a Dali. I also know that Tanya has little tolerance for the bizarre -- unless it's truly interesting. A girl after my own heart. So I made my way to the Time Warner Center yesterday to see some Dali.

Here's what I saw:

Hooters! Right there on 56th St. I couldn't believe it. Ok, back to Dali:

Everyone knows that Dali's drapy clocks represent the relativity of time. Everyone but Dali, that is, who says they represent melting camembert. And this next one...

was the weirdest, but an eye-catcher, for sure. And speaking of eye-catchers, I found out I could buy a Dali if I wanted:


But first the pied-a-terre.

2 comments:

Arthur K. said...

"But first the pied-a-terre."

Good for you!
Where do we sign up for visiting rights?

twila said...

I'm giving you your own room, Arthur!