Friday, December 24, 2010

Finality

With about a week left in my own NY sojourn, I've started to notice those things that I am now doing for the last time -- probably ever.

For one thing, I won't be supplying Makayla (gardener Kevin's daughter) with Silly Bandz any more. That means I have received my final way-cool thank you card (note it is actually 3D):




I figure I have about 4 more runs on the Croton Aqueduct Trail, and I'm going to step out and say that I think that trail has soaked up its last drop of Twila's blood. That's because I have now committed to memory every bump, rock, root and rut in the trail within a 5 mile radius of our apartment. And of course, I won't be running there anymore.

And yesterday I had my final manicure at Rose's. They didn't know it was my last time, but they knew something was up when I changed my color from Nomad's Dream to A Oui Bit of Red:














And then of course, there's the blog....

5 comments:

T&T's Excellent Adventures said...

That is just too sad.

Judy said...

I am going to miss the blog.... and knowledge of the things you notice.

Jan said...

What a bummer. I feel like I know you a little better,finally, after spending this quality time with you. Will you blog when you come back to visit Durf??? I'll miss you :(

twila said...

Well, you guys certainly make me feel good. I won't be blogging after I leave, but I have little doubt I will be commenting on Durf's blogs!

Anonymous said...

Oh no, she'll be blogging. There are always a million stories during Tax Season - as long as her clients don't read this blog.