Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Social networking.

Several posts ago I mentioned my lack of interest in Facebook. A lot of it is narcissistic and puerile. Personally, I have neither the need nor the inclination to twit my activities to however many "friends". That said, though, I think that social networking is one of the first signs of a major and positive change.

Thanks to technology, primarily, the world is gradually evolving into a global society. Communication is becoming more important than, say, being able to carry a 110-pound bag of cement. Facebook, Twitter, texting, et al are the beginnings of a more communication-based society and, I think, signal an inevitable transition from a patriarchy to a matriarchy.

I think men should be encouraged rather than disappointed by that progression. Society as a whole and individual societies will become stronger as it occurs, even though all changes bring temporal pain. Eventually, I think, men will evolve and society will become gender-neutral and the relationships between the sexes (and individuals) will become less competitive and more cooperative.

(Whether these thoughts are worthy of a blog post, I have no idea, I confess.)

2 comments:

cad said...

Yet, all of the social networks are created by men, often antisocial men!

skipway said...

how do you get from social networking to a matriarchy, Professor?