Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back to "normal".

Step 1 was when Twila came home. That was good. Step 2 was when I went back to work, which was today. But now it ends.

When I went to India for the first time, Twila and I were participating in the first annual "Himalayan Run & Trek". There were a couple of trekkers and 13 runners, most of them invited journalists. After running over mountain and dale for 5 days, Twila finished 4th and I was 5th. We didn't do that well because we were great runners, but because we gutted it out better than the others.

The organizer and leader of the run was Mr. Pandey. On subsequent trips (individually) to India, Pandey-ji was a great help to us. When I went he sent three of his people to meet me at the airport, exchange money, get me to a hotel, and then pick me up the next morning and put me on the correct train to Amritsar. I could do that by myself now, but then it was much appreciated. Tonight Mr. Pandey is arriving in NYC, his first time here, and Twila and I are reciprocating the favors. We're happy to do it.

At the end of the week another of our friends will be arriving and spending a week here. That's kind of a long time in this little apartment, but he's a really good guy and it will be fun. But not "normal".

The other good news is that this year I don't have to pay DirecTV $300 so I can watch 49er games. Yesterday I found a place that will broadcast them over the web. I had to pay $35 for a lifetime subscription, and it isn't HD, but I am as happy as a clam.

GO NINERS!

1 comment:

skipway said...

OMG, the niners stunk and were outcoached by Mr. Rah Rah. looks like a long season. But, more importantly, wildfire in Loveland--100 homes threatened! I hope yours is on the other side of town!