Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ships Passing in the Night

I confess, I am not getting up at 4 a.m. with Durf. I am, imo, the ultimate morning person. The corollary is also true. I am most emphatically *not* a night person. In fact, I hate night, and I try my best not to be up at night. On the rare occasions I have arisen (for the day) at 4 or, god forbid, 3:30, it felt like I was up and wandering around in the middle of the night -- not early morning.


Five a.m. is just fine. That's when I get up now. Five has everything that four does not: impending light, chirping birds, newspaper at the door, and a paucity of rats, roaches, skunks, snakes and boogeymen around the trash bins.


Also, night is a time when you try not to disturb the neighbors. If I got up at 4, I'd be interested in running the vacuum cleaner by 5:30 or 6 (after coffee and newspaper). That might be dangerous. But if I get up at 5, vacuuming at 6:30 or 7 probably wouldn't be outrageous, right?


Durf always did like the graveyard shift, but not me. Too much like hanging out in a graveyard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no interesting comment other than this is funny because it's my experience too!