Monday, September 27, 2010

Completing the Loop

We only biked halfway around Manhattan the last time, so Arthur and I finished the job yesterday. Once again, we picked up our bikes in Central Park, but this time we headed toward the East River and then turned north. We cut back across the island somewhere in the middle of Harlem, wended our way to the Upper West Side and headed south along the Hudson.


Eventually, we arrived at the Brooklyn Bridge. I've been wanting to ride or walk over the BB since we arrived in NYC. Little did I know that I shared that desire with hundreds of thousands of other people, all of whom were on the bridge yesterday. But in spite of the crowd, it was an awe-inspiring experience . That's one beautiful bridge.


While circumnavigating Manhattan we came across a big fair (with carnival rides!) in Chinatown, a Muslim festival, a gay rights parade, a "Free Burma" protest, some religious nutcases in costume, and a bunch of Kooky bike riders just like us.


New York City rocks!


p.s. I would have posted some pictures, but I lost my camera. Big downer.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Even though you haven't heard from me recently, I've been keeping up. It's all great and you're both having a wonderful time. Sorry about the camera.