Sunday, September 19, 2010

Smokin'

That would be, "No smokin' in NYC." Now that tourist season is drawing to a close, Bloomberg (probably an ex-smoker) is moving his smoking ban outdoors. So, not only are smokers prohibited from fouling my lungs (and food) in restaurants, but they can no longer foul the air in such hotspots as Times Square, Central Park, Herald Square ("remember me to Herald Square" dum de dum) and, toughest of all...Coney Island.

I fully support Bloomberg's action and, really, I can't understand all the fuss and bother. Outraged smokers all over the city are asking, "If we can't smoke outside, then where *can* we smoke?" Hmmmmm. Got me there. I was going to say, "Well, duh, in your house maybe!" but then I realized that if you have children, you shouldn't smoke at home either.

There's always the Gobi Desert, at least until someone builds an amusement park nearby.

Geez, I guess I sound like one of those crazy ex-smokers.

No comments: