Sunday, September 12, 2010

Diversity

When we first moved to Westchester County, I confess I was delighted to find myself living once again in an ethnically diverse habitat. One of the downsides of living in CO is the homogeneity of its residents.

Soon after we moved to Tarrytown, I began running in the mornings and I immediately noticed the colorful mix of faces on the young women pushing baby carriages along the trail. Only slowly did it dawn on me that the faces in the baby carriages did not remotely match the (oh so young) faces of those pushing the carriages.

So now I know that I've been nodding to and chatting with the nannies of Westchester County. But I've started to notice something else, too. Although it appears that parents do not walk their own children, they do seem to walk their own dogs. Yep, the faces match.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Oooo, Twila, you're tough!