Monday, September 13, 2010

Durf vs. the F.B.I.

There are not many 49er games on TV in Colorado, so when we moved there I started paying DirecTV $300/yr for their NFL package. I wasn't happy about it, especially when the Niners continued to stink up the gridiron. But this year they are (were, maybe) supposed to be good, and DirecTV isn't an option in our apartment. I did a lot of searching, and finally found a place that said they broadcast NFL games live over the Internet. YAY! 100% legal, they said. So I paid $35 for a "lifetime subscription", and got ready to watch the games.

To my surprise, the quality was quite good. But after about 15 minutes, this appeared:


Oops. As I was pondering how I might get my $35 back, another site appeared, broadcasting from England. That lasted about 20 minutes before it was shut down, and so it went.

So I did get to watch most of the game. Too bad it was hardly worth watching.

1 comment:

skipway said...

Durf meets P. T. Barnum on the WWW!

re the 49ers, Wha' happen? Could Petey be a better coach than Mikey?