Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Of Bagels and Art

Yesterday Pandey wanted to go to an art museum. "Your choice," he said. So I chose the Guggenheim because I figured if he didn't like the art, he might enjoy the architecture. And there's an audio tour, too, which makes the museum accessible to those of us who are not experts on art history.

Pandey went through the museum at Mach 2 and pronounced it excellent, so off we went to Central Park, where, I daresay, he felt much more in his element. We headed the wrong way around the Reservoir so that Pandey could greet each individual runner, photograph him or her and invite every last one to sign up for his run and trek expedition. Ok, he didn't do the latter, but I *know* he was thinking about it.

Because Pandey is a pukka vegetarian, it has been a challenge to feed him. Much to my horror he seems to be shrinking before my very eyes. So last night Durf found an Indian restaurant peopled by other vegetarians of the picky (Pandey's word) sort. By the way he ate, I would say the poor man was starving. On the plus side, Pandey has discovered bagels -- his new favorite food. I figure a steady diet of bagels will put some pounds on him in no time.

3 comments:

skipway said...

I know pukka means first class, but what is a pukka vegetarian?

Durf said...

DUH! A first class vegetarian!

tls said...

Well...a pukka vegetarian (in India) is a true vegetarian. No eggs, no dairy.