Thursday, September 2, 2010

Optics, Earl, Costco, PIN, & whatever.

Twila's away, and I am responsible for blogging every day. That's difficult for me, because it seems to me that much of life is boring. But I'll do my best.

At work, one of the optics is at Layer 20 and the other is at Layer 8. Tomorrow a bunch of high mucky-mucks from NASA are visiting the lab, so I hope I don't break anything. It might be fun to meet them, especially if there are astronauts, but I'll probably be done by 07:30, and I doubt they'll be there by then.

Hurricane Earl is going to bypass NYC, according to current predictions. DRAT! There will be some wind and rain here, but whoopie do.

I went to Costco today. All the stores here are full of people who are happy to get in front of you and stop moving, or to block an aisle by putting their carts crosswise across it. The last time I went to Costco I implemented a new philosophy: "If you block me, I WILL ram you." Today I rammed three carts and yelled at one woman. I think they're going to make me wear one of those bright orange vests the next time I shop there.

Finally I was paid yesterday, salary and expenses. I only get paid once a month, and I was anxious to deposit the check. I went to the ATM, but I'd forgotten my PIN. It was frustrating, especially for the people in line behind me. But since then I've found it, and tomorrow I will again attempt the deposit.

My Skee-Ball ranking is now 497, and it was a lot of work. But it has now become clear to me that I have to go under 400. And that's it.

Well, I have to put some non-perishables away. The life of a bachelor is not all fun and games, you know. :p

No comments: