Monday, November 22, 2010

Beer, Ice Cream & Parades...

....That's all I needed to entice my nephews here for Thanksgiving. I think. They aren't here yet.

Twenty-somethings make easy guests. Usually my biggest concern centers around feeding people. That's because I don't cook. But for these guys I know I just need to stock up on beer, Haagen Dazs ice cream bars, and bagels. That diet works for me too except I would add wine and cinnamon rolls.

As for entertainment, I figured the Macy's Parade can't be beat. But then I looked up the viewing tips (posted all over the internet, sigh) and discovered that we need to be in the city by 6 a.m. if we hope to see anything except the back of someone's head. So then I asked myself, "Do twenty-somethings get up at 5 a.m.? Ever?"

Stay tuned.

No comments: