Sunday, November 28, 2010

Brrrrrrr

I was happy to see that we had sun for our excursion to the city yesterday. We had plans to take a self-guided walking tour, dine al fresco at Shake Shack, and play a little chess in Washington Square Park.

I was less happy when I looked at the thermometer and saw that it read 38 degrees when we headed out.

A little weather wasn't going to stop us. After all, these guys are from Texas! Tyson did tell me it's a little hard to play chess when it's cold, but he and Nolan sat right down when the time came:


I can see what Tyson meant, though. The shivering makes it hard to play using the touch rule. Your fingers shiver right off the pieces. And Nolan's board kept blowing over, so he and his opponent had to reconstruct their positions a half dozen times.

But here the two of them stand in victory (in Times Square)!


And let me also take this opportunity to thank Chef Danny Meyer for putting heaters around his outdoor tables. Ok, I'll take a free custard for this plug, please.


2 comments:

cad said...

Sounds more like a pee-rade experience! Glad you survived to tell the tale. :-)

cad said...

Oops! That comment was meant for Durf's post.