Friday, November 26, 2010

Parade

Before I dragged Durf & Nolan & Tyson to the Macy's Parade, Durf sent me the following cartoon:

And indeed when that first giant balloon came around the corner, that's exactly what I prayed for.

After that, we all prayed that we would not be trampled by the other 3.5 million people who chose to watch the parade with us on the streets of NYC. I have never seen, let alone mingled among, such a large crowd of people in my entire life. Now there's an experience everyone needs to have.

More pictures later.


3 comments:

skipway said...

You are soooo brave, Twila! I would not have attempted that even in my prime. Of course, I am not a big parade-lover, but still . . .

How did Tyson get his name? I'm sure he was not named after Ian!

skipway said...

TURKEY AND THE FLY. This is a comment about "the fly." I HATE flys. Yesterday, as I was eating Carlmont roast turkey (yes, they actually roasted what I was told were two 50-pound turkeys--not that processed shit they pass off as roast turkey the rest of the year and which I cannot eat), a small fly decided to land on my cup of water, my kleenex, my pillow, all over my table, etc. The fly was still in my room to BUG me at lunch today. There's something ironic about being a 200 pound animal helpless to do anything about an essentially weightless insect inflicting terror. I can ring my call button, but when someone finally answers it, the fly knows to hide. GRRRRR!

skipway said...

This is a comment about "Scientists say the darndest things! (is1)." Interesting post, Durf. Yesterday, not being terribly enamored of the football games, I watched a good deal of a replay of the History Channel series on possible alien visitations to this planet. It reinforced my belief that it is more likely than not. In the final installment, a comment was made comparing the aliens watching us to us watching the activity of an anthill. Are the ants aware of us? Do we try to communicate with the ants?