Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NY Food Bucket List ... NOT

If you can decipher that title, more power to you. I was simply trying to say that there are a couple of New York food items that I have no intention of tasting before I leave. They are:

An egg cream: Chocolate syrup, milk and soda water. Sounds like a poor man's soda, but worse. I suspect mixing those ingredients would produce watery fake-chocolate milk that makes you burp. No thank you.

Nova: That would be smoked salmon. It's called Nova because it's salmon from Nova Scotia. And it's supposed to be extra "silky" which to me sounds a lot like extra slimy. No thank you.

That's a pretty short list, mind you. I'm not a picky eater.

If anyone has any recommendations for something I should eat while in NY (i.e. before heading back to the culinary wasteland of Loveland, CO), please let me know asap.

No comments: