Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dissendat.

I was pondering what I might blog today, when the question resolved itself. Just home from work, I started to read 49ers news on SFGate, and this was the first sentence of an article by David White, a Chronicle (yes, we all know it's a rag) staff writer:

"Niners coach Mike Singletary said Alex Smith is everything he wants in a quarterback Tuesday."

So I was like, "What?" I even mentioned it to Twila. Is putting "Tuesday" somewhere else, like at the start of the sentence, really that mystifying? Twila and I chuckled about it, and I moved on to the second sentence in the article, which began:

"He called him fearless, courageous...."

But, how can you be courageous if you're fearless? Dudes, pick one, okay?

At least that helped me decide what to blog, some dissendat. These signs, for example, make perfect sense in context:


You wouldn't want to see them for the first time, however, if a semi were bearing down on your rear bumper at 75 MPH. (It is, honestly, 100% coincidental that that particular photo was labeled IMG_0069 in my camera.)

Here is another traffic control that I find amusing:

Cars often pull over to the curb to figure that mess out!


No comments: