Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heading South

With only a month left of my NY Sojourn, I turned my sights on the south portion of the Croton Aqueduct Trail. You might recall my frequent whining in the early days of our stay in Tarrytown, when I lost the trail...repeatedly. To forestall future whining, Durf cased out the trail from his more southerly post in Irvington (where he works).

He promised greater beauty and many points of interest. Here's what I found.

First, beauty:

As for points of interest, the halfway point on the trail is marked by the caretaker's house. Needs a coat of paint, I think:

Had I run all the way to NYC in 1842, I would have seen this:

If I had done so yesterday, I would have seen this:

I wonder if the nephews will want to complete the run with me. Maybe if I tell them there's beer and Haagen Dazs at the library.


No comments: