Monday, August 30, 2010

Bras, Breasts & Hilarity

Who among us has not had a mother, grandmother or (ack!) peeping saleslady tell us to bend over and wiggle our shoulders when trying on a new bra so that we fill those cups as best we can. Only after we shimmy then stand can we determine whether a bra truly fits. Even I, with my little button boobs, have had this experience.

Naturally I'm speaking to our female readers, but I'll bet you guys did not yawn and skip over the first paragraph. Am I right?

Of course I'm right and Nora Ephron would be right too. I don't like everything Nora Ephron does. Some of her stuff is too self-deprecating for me. But she can really nail the female experience from time to time. We just saw "Love, Loss and What I Wore," which she wrote with her sister. And although it has been tagged a chick show, Durf laughed just as hard as I did. He laughed at the bra-fitting story above and even harder at the "mono-boob" story that followed. Futhermore, he was *not* the only man in the audience and I caught them laughing too. I didn't see anyone nodding off at any point in the production.

So you're gonna have to remind me. What's wrong with chick shows?

No comments: