Monday, August 9, 2010

Well, well, well.

When I spoke with Apple last Tuesday they told me they'd replace my iMac if it had a hardware (other than a software) problem. All I had to do was boot from the installation disk and see if the problem was still there. I didn't have my installation disk, and I didn't want to wait for one to arrive, so I took the computer to a repair place. That was a week ago, so I was thinking, "Why is it taking so long to boot from an external drive to see if it works?" This morning I surprised them by showing up and asking what was going on. They said they'd ordered a world of parts, which had two meanings for me: 1) It is definitely a hardware problem; 2) They're throwing darts. But I told them to keep it and see what happened. I didn't need a new computer, just one that works.

The repair place called a while ago and said ... they can't fix it! I guess that proves something. So I called Apple, expecting a lot of hassle. There really wasn't much hassle, though, and I was surprised by the result. They're giving me their latest and greatest model, a 27" 3.2 GHz iMac, for... FREE! My old one is 24", and I upgraded this one to 3.5 GHz for a paltry sum, but...

OMG!

:^)

P.S. My boss called and I'm going back to work tomorrow. MMMMMMMMMM.

P.P.S. My dad is continuing to slowly improve, but he isn't lucid long enough to talk on the phone, and they don't know what's going to happen. I was going to blog about that today, and I will when I have more information.

No comments: