Monday, August 16, 2010

Sooner or later.

Thank you to everyone who offered condolences about my father. It makes a difference, and I appreciate it.

Things are looking up, as they always do, sooner or later.

For one thing, my job is going great. (Tomorrow I'm going to post some photos of the optic under construction... unless some disaster happens before then.) The boss-person with whom I had a bit of a dust-up is really a good guy, and I respect him. I think he respects me, too. Tension makes people do funny... well, non-funny... things.

The other big looking-up item is that I finally have my computer back! Technically and splitting hairs, I don't actually have "my computer" back. I have a brand new, shiny 3.5 GHz 27" iMac, which Apple gave me for free. I would have had it Friday, except I had to get someone to transfer my old hard drive to this one. The guy at the repair shop said it is very rare for Apple to hand out free iMacs. Also, they didn't call him to confirm that it was a lemon Apple, which they'd always done before. I guess going bonkers on the phone with Apple that time when I was a little bit toasty wasn't as bad as I'd thought. This computer is really beautiful, fast, and fun. Of course, I had 653 emails to deal with, and now I'm diving into bills and such. But I'll get caught up, sooner or later.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Oh, you lucky guy!