Thursday, August 5, 2010

Matchbox Redux

Tash and (part of) her clan arrived safely yesterday and will help us explore NYC and environs for a couple of days. During this time I will be revisiting my childhood, specifically the period during which we lived in a home with one bathroom. At that time the family numbered six. And we are now six here in Tarrytown.

When I was a kid, I recall only snippets of bathroom issues. I remember my father pounding on the bathroom door when either my sister Trina or I was spending an inordinate amount of time behind said door, which we locked, of course. Trina definitely deserved to be called on the carpet because she spent a lot of time primping. I'm not sure what I was doing. I might have been looking in the mirror, but I definitely was not primping.

As for the current group, I would say Tash and/or her husband Rick are the most likely candidates to be primping behind a locked door, but we will soon be pounding on it. And that's a promise.

No comments: