Saturday, August 7, 2010

I'm blogging.

The primary purpose of this post is... well, Twila told me to do it. Her theory is that a blog is best if there is an entry every day, and she's too busy at the moment to blog. So now I'm doing it, although she had to come home from Greenwich Village and tell me again to do it.

The first and best news is that my brother (1/2) called and said my dad had stabilized, so he might survive. I think that's great news, but I'm a little confused about it. I'll just have to wait and see what happens.

The reason Twila is so busy is that we have guests, Twila's sister and her family. They're really nice and it's great to see them and we've been having a lot of fun, but that's why Twila has been so busy. It's also interesting having 6 people in our apartment, when we thought it was a bit crowded with just us.

Speaking of our tiny apartment, we got our first electricity bill today. $388. It was shocking.

I have some time off work because one optic is done, one hasn't started yet, and there isn't any glass. My boss, my real one, not the one I feuded with, said he wants to guarantee a minimum hours of work a week, so this is sort of a paid vacation.

I want to post Part 2 of my work blog, but the pictures are on my iMac, which is still in the repair place. That's interesting, because all they had to do was determine if it's a hardware problem or a software problem, which everyone already knows. I called them Thursday and they said they want to run a few more tests. That's the same thing the doctor said about my dad before he went critical, so it's hard to be optimistic.

No comments: