Saturday, October 16, 2010

Around Manhattan

STG, guys, I was not paid for that Shake Shack advertisement! However, since I now know the gang over there is watching and listening (see comment on previous blog post), I'm thinking I should say: Danny, if you offer me a complimentary frozen custard, I'll take it. Hint, hint.

ANYway...in between indulgences, Judy, Hal and I managed to cruise around Manhattan (literally). What a fabulous way to see the the skyline, Ellis Island, the SofL and many landmark buildings and neighborhoods. It's especially good to see the Upper East Side this way. You don't want to actually go there because all of the republicans in NYC live there. Even Gracie Mansion is there. Oh, but Bloomberg doesn't live there because he's a democrat. Oh wait, he's a republican. No wait, he's an independent.

While in the East River, we also had the opportunity to view some of New Jersey's state treasures, like this clock, for example:














NJ claims this is the largest clock in the world. I think little states like to have something big to brag about. For NJ it'd be this clock and Ol' Blue Eyes (reputed to weigh over 13 lbs at birth).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is STG? I don't quite believe you, I know how that little mind works!!! Free custards for life or bust!!!