Thursday, October 14, 2010

An Aside: Blogging

To all of you who take this blog for granted, you probably think blogging with a spouse is a piece of cake. Well, you would be wrong. Think about it. Do you get to censor, or not? Do you get to criticize, or not? Do you get to edit, or not?

Here's what Durf has to put up with: "Uh, I don't think I'd ever call anyone a slut. I mean that's pretty humiliating to even suggest as much." Then later. "Oh, you're going to change it? That's nice, but you don't have to, you know." Then later. "What? You're not going to change it????"

Here's what I have to put up with: "You said we stood and watched for 10 minutes. It was only 7 minutes." or "You said I laughed, but I didn't laugh. That was a grimace." or "You said he talked and responded at the same time, but that's not actually possible."

Durf also says my blogs are too long, so....

2 comments:

Jan said...

I love reading your blogs...enough to make me come out of the closet to tell you to keep it coming!

twila said...

Aha! Now that's inspiration!