Monday, October 18, 2010

Best Friends

Trish, my best friend in the whole world, came to visit Saturday. Oh yeah, and she brought her husband, Carl, too. Anyway, it was Trish who shoe-horned Durf into this NY job and I tagged along.


While Trish...oh, and Carl...were here, we bonded as best friends do. I scattered rose petals at her feet. I regaled her with stories of the successful women of Westchester County (like C.J. Walker, first self-made millionairess) and prayed for reflected glory.


I'm thinking Trish might have a spot for Durf on her next project. Maybe in New Zealand, or Italy, perhaps.


Actually, I'm just yanking Carl's chain. We love having him around, too, especially when we don't have a computer or iphone handy. Nowadays when friends (or spouses) have friendly disputes, someone whips out an iphone and googles the answer. If you don't happen to have one of those devices, then you need a friend who knows more than google. That would be Carl.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know for a fact that your post is totally inaccurate! The only things Carl knows these days are the things he can find on the net. He's nice, has lots of questions, but smart? Nooooooo.