Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm not a fan...

...of New York weather. So far at least. It's fall, isn't it? Fall is supposed to be the best season of the year; cool, sunny, colorful. Ha! We went directly from sauna to shower without drying off first. Even when it's not raining (a few minutes yesterday), everything is wet and sticky or damp and sticky. That would be clothing, towels, books, paper. I have no idea how New York CPAs print out tax returns. The paper curls up into these tight scrolls, one sheet at a time. If you run an envelope through the printer, it seals itself!

It's hard to breathe too. Not because it's hot but because all the air is already occupied by water. There's nothing left for your lungs. Can't open the windows because the place would be flooded in a New York minute.

Do I sound whiny? That's because my exercise routine has been interrupted. I actually ran in this stuff a couple of days ago. I won't detail the utter misery of it, but suffice it to say, I'm not running today, nor did I run yesterday. Feeling a little grumpy. The forecast? Five more days of the same. Oh boy.

No comments: