Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Promises Promises

Who knew that the Broadway show "Promises, Promises" was Billy Wilder's "The Apartment" redux? I guess *I'm* the one who's been under a rock. Anyway, we saw our second Broadway show in three days. Decadent, for sure. But I did want to find out if greater New York was reading our blog, and the answer is a resounding YES! Mr. Basketball Star stayed home and everyone else adhered to Twila's List of Appropriate Theater Behaviors.

The show was a hoot. Durf and I were both bewitched by Sean Hayes (of Will & Grace fame) and the incomparable Katie Finneran, who was hilarious as the girl Chuck Baxter picks up in a bar. (She reminds me of Joan Cusack.) It's always the physical comedy that tickles my funny bone. (Lowbrow, I know.)

And so far, after more than three months in NY, we never get tired of walking through Times Square at night. The place is so alive, the lights so bright, and everyone is happy...or so it seems.

No comments: