Saturday, July 3, 2010

Anniversary.

It's our anniversary! No, not *that* anniversary – that was June 30 (and we had a very nice dinner in a restaurant on the bank of the Hudson, thank you). What I mean is that today is July 3, and on June 3 at this time I was greatly enjoying my retirement at home in Loveland and had never even heard of NuSTAR. Now we're living in New York City (or close enough for government work), and have already been here a week. I just finished my sixth day of work and Twila is, at this very moment, carousing in NYC.

The truth is, I'm exhausted. This two-day weekend (July 4th), which will be my last two-day break until the next holiday appears, couldn't come at a better time. Hopefully, I will be able to get our &%$*@# network printer working today, install an air conditioner in my loft office (which has been 85 degrees and above every day), and restore some sort of order to what has been constant chaos. I've been leaving work already tense, then coming home to an unending list of chores. The end is in sight now, so I'll be able to go back to normal stress and tension (hopefully). Twila has been a saint to put up with me, and she deserves a break!

No comments: