Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The best BM *EVER*!

Thanks to everyone for your birthday cards and wishes! I laughed and I cried. Mostly I cried, because I seem to be getting older and older as time goes by. It's odd.

I used to know people who came to work wearing balloons so everyone would know it was their birthday. Even guys! I'm not like that at all. I try to keep my birthdays secret. One reason is that I don't like being the center of attention, and the other is that getting-older thing. As my birthdays approach, I become even more curmudgeonly. But I am up against an irresistible force -- the best Birthday Monster *EVER*, my lovely wife. Her enthusiasm and little surprises and wonderful love wear me down like a stick of butter on a hot grinding wheel. Okay, now I'm blushing.

Thank you, honey, and for everything.

2 comments:

Judy Young said...

Ahh.... a nice part of Durf.

skipway said...

your best BM was on your b-day? wish the same for me!