Monday, July 19, 2010

The Mighty Mighty Yankees.

The last time Durf went to a Yankees game in NY, it was 1958...with his Uncle Tony. Yesterday, we went to the glorious new stadium and still felt as though we were walking through history. See if you can find Durf. Do you recognize the man he is standing with?

To be honest, the only thing I remember about him is that his death was announced during a bridge tournament at the 1979 Nationals and I wasn't sure Durf would be able to finish out the round.

Yesterday's game had many great moments (starting with Pettitte's crowd-pleasing, groin-sacrificing play early in the game). It was hot, too, so we were forced to drink lots of beer and eat lots of ice cream.

Our seats, though excellent, were mistaken by lots of people for a freeway exit ramp. And the people sitting next to us brought a 2 year old and a 3 year old, apparently so the kids could play in the spilled pepsi underneath the seats. I don't think one member of that family ever looked at the field during the entire game. I'll bet the pepsi was good, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the yankees stories. Durf is pointing to Munson, but he's not standing with anyone!

why the bunny suit?

The visual verification is x'ed out, so if I have trouble, I will email this comment to you.

happy b-day, d-man

skip