Sunday, July 4, 2010

Yep.

"Carouse" implies drinking, which was one of my unknown unknowns (that's a long story), so it was, indeed, an inapt description. But I reaffirm the gist of it. Before I say more on the subject, I want to emphasize that Twila did an amazing amount of work so we could move to NY. She even had to relocate her business, which means she had to look through her files. Meanwhile, I was responsible for moving all of our computer equipment, including the network. I also installed a home surveillance system, which took the better part of two days and still needs some remote adjustment. Then we arrived in our apartment, and soon Twila was thinking about guest visits and searching for plays to see. Meanwhile, I was beginning a high stress job, installing balky network equipment, firing our renters insurance company and hiring a new one, battling with our new cable company (and, yesterday, the old one), trying to sort out the numerous expenses we incurred in the move, and attempting to install an air conditioner in my 90+ degree office. And it still isn't over. "Carouse" was intended as a contrast in our current conditions, which will surely improve over time, until NASA starts pressuring me to work 72 hours a week.

No comments: