Monday, July 5, 2010

You Don't Know Snooty

...until you've stood before the maitre d' of Tarrytown's Equus Restaurant in your grungy running shoes and 1980's era sweat-soaked t-shirt, and asked to see a dinner menu. Talk about silent treatments. He didn't even laugh when I said, "I'm here for the wet t-shirt contest." It was my first run in 90 degree heat and humidity. I was determined to see the Castle Inn on the Hudson (atop a hill and visible for miles around) and check its restaurant menu for suitable fare. Harrumph.

Durf & I had better luck last night as we walked toward the banks of the Hudson River to catch the fireworks. As we hurried along Riverview Ave, trying to get out from under the tree cover, we were stopped short by a display of lightening bugs right in our path. As we oooohed and aahhhhhed, the tree under which the bugs were flying started to roar and from the sky there fell (at our feet) the entire top of the tree. Talk about signs!

No comments: