Monday, July 19, 2010

Shorties.

These are amplifications and error corrections of previous posts.

1) My gone-south iMac is 1 year old, not 2. It's still south.

2) I don't like the picture of me in the bunny suit, and BlogSpot won't let me delete it. I'm way used to the baldness part, but what's going on with my butt? Of course, I don't much like being in a bunny suit, either.

3) We went to a Yankee game. Good. That's done. I don't like baseball, but I felt we had to go to one game in the new stadium.

The game was okay, for baseball. We didn't catch any fly balls, but we did drink a lot - beer (mostly), water, and iced tea. The tickets were expensive. Each one was $80 + a $22.95 service charge. Plus $15.95 to email the tickets to us. And at the game it seemed like $20 bills were disappearing from my wallet at an absurdly fast pace.

The first 90 minutes we sat under direct sun. The temperature was 95+, and it was humid. I didn't like that much. The last 90 minutes (which lasted until the end of the 7th inning, which was enough baseball for one year) we had shade, thankfully. (Yes, it was a very long game.)

4) The national bridge tournament that Twila mentioned was in Chicago. It was on that trip that we learned about Dino-Billies and Egg Lemon Soup. We were playing in an early game and I was reading a newspaper between rounds. I didn't like baseball then, either, but I did like Thurman Munson. When I saw that his plane had crashed and he'd gone lateral, it freaked me out. But Twila and I won the event, anyway. For Thurman.

No comments: