Saturday, July 10, 2010

Parking

When we first moved to CO, we quickly got the impression that the speed limit signs were strictly enforced. Here in Tarrytown and environs, I am getting the same feeling about parking. Everywhere I go, I see dire warnings, like, "If you park here without a residential parking permit, your car will be towed into the Hudson River."

So where do *we* get to park? I'm thinking they need to raze the Castle on the Hudson, pave it, and then let us non-snooty people park there for free. I'm definitely going to put that in the town hall suggestion box.

Meanwhile, today we're going to the theater. We've been walking to the train station and it takes about a half hour. But thanks to the prayers of Kevin-the-Gardener and his Gardening-Kids, it's going to rain about when we're supposed to head out. I'm thinking that sitting through a play while soaking wet won't be fun. I told Durf we need to leave an hour early so we can look for parking somewhere in the vicinity of the train station. Boy does that cheer a guy up at 5:30 in the morning. Stay tuned!

No comments: